I ran across these “MIT Burnout Prevention and Recovery Tips” the other day:
- MIT VIEW: Work until the physical pain forces you into unconsciousness.
2) AVOID ISOLATION. Don’t do everything alone! Develop or renew intimacies with friends and loved ones. Closeness not only brings new insights, but also is anathema to agitation and depression.
- MIT VIEW: Shut your office door and lock it from the inside so no one will distract you. They’re just trying to hurt your productivity.
3) CHANGE YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES. If your job, your relationship, a situation, or a person is dragging you under, try to alter your circumstance, or if necessary, leave.
- MIT VIEW: If you feel something is dragging you down, suppress these thoughts. This is a weakness. Drink more…
View original post 566 more words